Are you feeling there is something wrong with your little angel? Parents sometimes feel there baby is showing signing that might worry them. Like most parents, if you little one has yet not said his first word, this question might pop up in your mind ‘Does my child really need speech therapy?’ well, you are not the only one who is getting disturbed by this question. Hearing the first words from your baby is indeed a milestone that all parents cherish. However, if you are concerned about speech development of your baby your child might need to see a speech therapist.
What is speech therapy?
Speech therapy Sydney refers to various developments in kinds that include speech and language. As your baby grows, he or she learns and develops a number of skills. But at times babies need therapy to learn a certain skill or to overcome a certain problem. Babies who might have problems learning language skills need the help of a speech therapist who can help them with oral motor therapy. Sometimes babies with a weakness in the lips or jaw may not be able to pronounce articulate sounds. In such cases as well a speech therapist can help. With the help of oral motor therapy the muscles of your baby can gain strength and you baby can overcome speech problems.
Signs that your child needs speech therapy
While babies learn right from their birth, they only start to express themselves sometime later in life. Experts say that babies that babies cannot say much yet they do hear and learn language. In certain cases babies may not start utter sounds which can be alarming for parents. In case your child has any such problem it is important to get help from a speech therapist straightaway. But wait. Does your child actually need speech therapy? Look for these signs before you can make a decision:
- If your baby does not respond to sounds you need to take the situation seriously.
- If your baby is quiet and does not babble or make sounds it can be alarming.
- If your kid is not able to follow simple instructions by the time he is 2, it can be a serious condition.
- If your little one has not said his first word and he is over one year old, he might need speech therapy.
- If you child is much shy or does not socialize it could be a red sign.
- If your child is 2 years old and still has no more vocabulary than 50 words, you may need to see a speech therapist Penrith.
- If your little angel has speech difficulties, like lisping or stuttering Oran Park, you might have to show him to speech therapist.
How speech therapists can help your child
Speech therapists basically study, diagnose and treat speaking, listening and language difficulties. They will work with your little one with speech problem and help him get over speech problem through different therapies such as a play based approach to stimulate communication, a computer with a voice synthesizer and more; they can provide speech therapy for children Penrith.