The medical practitioners called podiatrists specialize on treating injured, sore, or infected ankles and feet. They are also known as chiropodists, though this name has been substituted throughout the industry. Some podiatrists specialize in orthopedics and foot surgery. Most have private practices, but others work in government agencies, hospitals, and podiatric colleges.
However, to work as a qualified podiatrist in Australia, you must complete a Bachelor of Podiatry. Also, post-graduate education, including Graduate Diploma, Master and PhD level courses are also available to be a podiatrist Burwood East. These qualifications may result in developed expertise in diabetes care, podiatric surgery, or sports podiatry. However, all podiatrists must be registered before they are able to practice in Australia.
Also, to work as a podiatrist mount waverley in Australia, you need to apply for and be registered with the Podiatry Board of Australia. You may also need to apply for a visa issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
These two application processes are entirely separate and success in one does not automatically guarantee success in the other.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATIONS
DUTIES AND TASKS
1. Ability to prescribe exercise, drugs, or orthotics Burwood East
2. Ability to provide splints, braces, pads or various other supports
3. Must be able to treat foot and ankle issues through massage, manipulation, surgery, or physical therapy
1. Comfortable working with patients with foot diseases and other issues
2. Formal education is required at a school of podiatry, most applicants hold bachelors degrees in various fields
3. Licensing as a professional podiatrist is required
4. Program leads to doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM) degree, required for work
5. Residencies are sometimes required.
Lastly, the doctor of podiatric medicine is required from accredited college in podiatry medicine. An educational qualification of three years undergraduate in a podiatry course and two years masters specializing in podiatry medicine from a recognized podiatry school can get you a degree to practice podiatry professionally in Australia.